County Manager - Lance L. Metzler
Phone: (336) 342-8101
G.S. 153-A makes the manager the chief administrator of county government, being responsible to the board of commissioners for administering all departments of county government under the board’s general control. He has the following powers and duties:
- He shall direct and supervise the administration of all county offices, departments, boards, commissioners, and agencies under the general control of the Board of Commissioners, subject to the general direction and control of the Board.
- He shall attend all meetings of the Board of Commissioners and recommend any measures that he considers expedient.
- He shall see that the orders, ordinances, resolutions, and regulations of the Board of Commissioners are faithfully executed within the county.
- He shall prepare and submit the annual budget and capital program to the Board of Commissioners.
- He shall annually submit to the Board of Commissioners and make available to the public a complete report on the finances and administrative activities of the county as of the end of the fiscal year.
- He shall make any other reports that the Board of Commissioners may require concerning the operations of county offices, departments, boards, commissions, and agencies.
- He shall perform any other duties that may be required or authorized by the Board of Commissioners.