Providing legal representation and a variety of legal services to the Board of Commissioners and County departments and agencies including attendance at Commissioner and other board meetings, consultation, drafting ordinances and resolutions, preparing legal documents and managing litigation.
Rockingham County Attorney
· Appointed by the Board of Commissioners and serves at the Board’s pleasure
· Responsible for providing legal advice and counsel to Board of Commissioners, County Manager and Department Heads
· Manages day to day activities of an in house law department
· Prepares and implements department operating budget
· Litigates and coordinates litigation before State, Federal, and Appellate Courts and administrative agencies
· Renders legal opinions concerning proposed actions and current issues
· Reviews, prepares and amends contracts and real estate transactions for the county
· Represents and advocates on behalf of the County in variety of matters, ranging from negotiations with other local governments and financial matters.