Located in the Administration Suite (206) on the second floor of the Governmental Center located at 371 NC Highway 65, in beautiful Wentworth, NC, the Rockingham County Attorney's office works closely with the County Commissioners and County Departments on a variety of legal issues.
The County Attorney’s Office cannot provide legal services to private citizens. However, the following organizations may be helpful to citizens in seeking legal representation and/or answers to general legal questions:
Legal Aid: 1-800-951-2257 or 1-866-219-5262
NC Attorney Referral Service: 1-800-662-7660
PO Box 93
Wentworth, NC 27375
Robert V. Shaver, Jr.
Cindy Herring, North Carolina Certified Paralegal
Dianne Woods, North Carolina Certified Paralegal
Donna Fulcher, Legal Secretary
To provide legal advice and representation to the Board of Commissioners and all County departments and agencies in order to assist them in achieving their goals and objectives in accordance with all relevant laws.
Providing legal representation and a variety of legal services to the Board of Commissioners and County departments and agencies including attendance at Commissioner and other board meetings, consultation, drafting ordinances and resolutions, preparing legal documents and managing litigation.
Rockingham County Attorney
· Appointed by the Board of Commissioners and serves at the Board’s pleasure
· Responsible for providing legal advice and counsel to Board of Commissioners, County Manager and Department Heads
· Manages day to day activities of an in house law department
· Prepares and implements department operating budget
· Litigates and coordinates litigation before State, Federal, and Appellate Courts and administrative agencies
· Renders legal opinions concerning proposed actions and current issues
· Reviews, prepares and amends contracts and real estate transactions for the county
· Represents and advocates on behalf of the County in variety of matters, ranging from negotiations with other local governments and financial matters.